Eighth Grade Washington D.C. Trip
- On Tuesday, May 30th, three busloads of students and staff from YMS hit the road for the annual trek to Philadelphia and Washington, DC. Here are some impressions and memories of the trip from members of the Jungle Cats team:
- “My favorite memory from Washington DC is the Korean Memorial. The statues are very life-like and aware. Their eyes look into you as if they have seen something important.”-Anthony P.
- “The most memorable part of D.C. was seeing a Marine lieutenant being promoted to captain. This was very memorable because it was unplanned. When we arrived at the Iwo Jima memorial we saw the Captain walk out and he was getting promoted right in front of the memorial. After he was promoted his boss told us about why he was promoted. This was truly a memorable experience I will never forget.”-Ryan W.
- “The most memorable part of the DC trip was the Changing of the Guard. This was the most memorable part for me because it was interesting to see how professional the guards are. It was amazing to me because I was complaining about the heat while I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I can't imagine how hot it must have been for them and they didn't even show it”. -Kristen L.
- “I got to watch the crew of the Flak-Bait, a WWII bomber, take photos in front of their old plane in the restoration area in the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space museum. It was amazing to see how happy those old dudes were when they were reunited with their old plane. Overall, It was just really cool to see how those veterans reacted to finally seeing their old plane after about 70 years”. -Billy B.
- I” loved the Newseum so much. Everything was done to perfection, and I GOT TO TOUCH THE BERLIN WALL!” -Jay G.
- “I liked many activities and sites our school visited in Philadelphia and Washington D.C. My favorite memory was going on the cruise on our last night. I liked the cruise because I thought it was great how we could go to the top deck and look at all the houses and helicopters that went by. Also, the cruise was fun because my friends and I had a foosball tournament. It was really fun because we were all having fun and it got very competitive.” -Evan B.